YOUR ROSS VET STORY
Tell your story. Share photos, your favorite memories, or update us on what you’re doing no. Help us celebrate our alumni every Thursday (#TBT) throughout the year.
We have partnered with Publishing Concepts, Inc. (PCI) to help collect stories from as many alumni as possible and produce “Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine Reflections” Oral History Publication. By sharing your memory, you’ll ensure that the rich history of Ross Vet will be preserved for generations to come.
PCI will soon be contacting alumni via mail, phone, and email asking for participation and updating contact information.
ORAL HISTORY PROJECT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts, Inc.) to produce an Oral History Publication for Ross Vet. PCI is a family-owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for over 100 years. This project allows us to hear about your personal experiences from your time at Ross Vet and how the school helped shape your life since then. And, while we have you on the phone, we want to make sure your contact information is up to date.
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – collecting and sharing stories preserves the history of our school
- Pride–wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses, and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or the law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable Information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, and then ask you to share your story about your time at Ross Vet. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to Ross Vet at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information to be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com or to the Alumni Office directly.
You can call back at any time before August 2022 to share your story.
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) plus captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in February 2022, the books will be distributed in February 2023.
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.
40TH ANNIVERSARY MERCHANDISE
Show your Rossie pride with this memorable collection.
$40 FOR 40
Help future veterinary students experience Ross Vet through scholarships by donating $40 for our 40th anniversary through the Empower Scholarship Fund.
How You Can Celebrate
The celebration continues throughout the year, culminating with a special celebration at the West Indies Veterinary Conference in November.
- Update your Facebook® Frame to show your Rossie pride
- Follow Ross Vet on social media and engage in the conversation via Facebook and Instagram™.
- Share your photos and stories on social media using #RossVet40years.
- Add a note to your signature block celebrating RUSVM:
- Alumni: “A Proud Rossie Celebrating RUSVM’s 40 Years”
- Refer an outstanding prospective student to RUSVM
- Volunteer your time and/or join a cause you are passionate about.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Events will be held throughout the year! Check out back regularly for updates.
WEST INDIES VETERINARY CONFERENCE NOVEMBER 6-11, 2022
Mark your calendars for Ross Vet’s 2022 West Indies Veterinary Conference. We are grateful for your support over the years and thrilled that the 2022 conference will coincide with the university’s 40th anniversary! Looking forward to having you all join us for this historical celebration.