Jump to Header
Jump to Footer
RUSVM Preparatory School Parents
- Understand and support the school’s mission and beliefs.
- Are positive role models and life-long learners.
- Seek to understand Howard Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences and how it applies to their children.
- Recognize the dignity of each individual and work with the school and their children to embrace cultural diversity.
- Send their children to school ready to learn, on time, and with attention to their physical and mental health, including support of nutritious meals.
- Take an active interest in what is happening in their children’s classroom.
- Are aware of their children’s academic strengths and celebrate them.
- Are aware of their children’s challenges and problem areas and help seek solutions to both.
- Read all written communication sent home or received via email.
- Are supportive of the school guidelines and rules.
- Schedule vacations and time off island during the regularly scheduled Ross breaks so that their children do not miss school.
- Provide a quiet space at home for reading and daily academic time and develop and maintain their children’s first language if English is a second language.
- Are available at homework time for questions.
- Work to realize the balance between helping extend learning via homework and letting the child do the work independently.
- Are involved in the school and take time to share that interest by communicating with teachers, administration, and PTA regularly.