Induction of Ovulation in Donkeys Using GnRH Analogue or hCG
Ava Kent, Shelby Nester, Erik Peterson, Robert Gilbert, Hilari French
- Ovarian dynamics observed daily via transrectal ultrasonography in 8 reproductively sound, non-pregnant Caribbean jennies
- Three treatment groups: GnRH analogue (SucroMate 1.8mg IM); hCG (Chorulon 2500 units IV); Control
- Treatments administered at follicular diameters of 27 mm or 30 mm
- 24h post treatment - jennies monitored every 6 hours via transrectal ultrasonography until ovulation
GnRH analogue induced ovulation within 48 hours more consistently than hCG
POST-TREAtment interval to ovulation
Dominant Follicular Diameter of 27mm
Post-treatment interval to ovulation
Dominant Follicular Diameter of 30mm
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
- Miragaya, M. H., Neild, D. M., Alonso, A. E. (2018). A Review of Reproductive Biology and Biotechnologies in Donkeys. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science, 65, 55-61.
- Carluccio, A., Panzani, S., Tosi, U., Faustini, M., De Amicis, I., Veronesi, M.C. (2007) Efficacy of hCG and GnRH for inducing ovulation in the jenny. Theriogenology, 68(6), 914-919.
- McCue, P.M., Magee, C., Gee, E. K. (2007). Comparison of Compounded Deslorelin and hCG for Induction of Ovulation in Mares. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science, 27(2), 58-61
Fri, 18 Oct 2019, 12:00:00