Embracing the concepts and techniques of Total Facilities Management, Lawrence has proven to be an assertive and courteous professional, who is responsible, accountable, extremely competent and is dedicated to success.
With over 17 years practice as an FM professional, Lawrence worked and was educated (self-funded) and was extensively trained in the United Kingdom (London), both in the public and private sectors – Lawrence left the UK to return to his home in Trinidad & Tobago to offer his professional service to a developing FM industry in the Caribbean region.
For the duration of his professional career Lawrence held positions at NHS London, Halliburton Limited in the capacity of Real Estate Manager for all Trinidad and Suriname operations, and also as a Facilities Mgt. Consultant at RGM Limited, Operations Manager of 9 Class A buildings with Servus Limited, and currently Senior Manager, Facilities at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) on a 58-acre campus in St. Kitts & Nevis.
He successfully continues to provide leadership to the facilities technical and non-technical facilities management operations at RUSVM – where he is responsible for a 58 acre campus comprising of 37 Buildings’ Plant and Equipment Maintenance Management, Facilities Contracts & Maintenance (Soft / Hard Services) Management, MEP Operations and Management, Landscaping & Grounds Maintenance, Housekeeping and Janitorial Services, Energy Conservation and Reuse, Security, Life Safety & Risk Management, Incident Command, Emergency Preparedness / Disaster Recovery and Project Management of CapEx projects (construction).
A continued drive for excellence has resulted with his continued professional development attaining BSc OSHE, CIWFM, FMP, Tech IOSH and is now preparing for PMP and CFM professional certifications.
Assertive and enthusiastic with extensive experience & knowledge of process optimization and an unsurpassed work ethic, I am proficient in motivating as well as providing leadership guidance through colleague and stakeholder engagement. Renowned for my planning and organizational skills, diligence and fluency in CMMS software and procedure development, process improvements, project management, EHS and risk management, cost reduction strategies and general drive for excellence.
- University of Greenwich, London, UK (2016)
- BSc Hons OSHE (Occupational Health Safety & Environmental Management)
- Project Management Institute – PMI
- Project Management Professional (current)
- Certificate in Advanced Project Management – Distinction (2018)
- International Facilities Managers Association – IFMA (2015)
- Facilities Management Professional (FMP) & Certified Facilities Manager (CFM) – (current)
- NEBOSH National General Certificate - NGC1, 2, 3 Full Credits (2010)
- GCSE Process Plant Operations (2004) – Plant Operator
- Tech IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety & Health) – Member # 145507
- CIWFM - Certified Member # 0030310 - Institute of Workplace & Facilities Management
- FMP - IFMA Certified Professional - Member Number 897311
- FEMA – Stage 2 Certified – Emergency Management Institute – IS00100.c – ICS 100
- Building information Modelling
- Facilities Management Consultancy and Management