ANIMALS COULD USE MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Sign up to receive more information about our DVM degree program in your inbox.
Spend one semester on the island of St. Kitts to prepare yourself for a career in veterinary medicine. Follow your dreams and study abroad this May.
For more information, contact Katie Gillies, Director of Enrollment at 614-257-4669
Ross Vet Admissions for DVM Applicants
A degree in veterinary medicine offers you a wide range of career paths including private practice, regulatory medicine, research, and public health. Earn your Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine and be part of the dynamic, ever-changing field of animal medicine.
Learn more about what makes for a strong Ross application and the process of applying to veterinary school.
the ross vet difference
- Nationally recognized AVMA-accredited DVM degree program
- Broad-based curriculum and early exposure to critical hands-on clinical skills
- Culturally distinct campus on St. Kitts filled with natural beauty, and exotic marine and tropical wildlife
- Qualified students are eligible for U.S. federal direct loans
- Clinical training opportunities in the U.S. and internationally
- Dual degree opportunities
DVM Admissions — WHAT WE LOOK FOR
You’re more than just a number to us. We take a holistic view of the admissions process, reviewing not just grades and GRE scores, but so much more: your experience with animals and exposure to animal medicine, personal character, interpersonal skills, motivation, and passion for the profession.
Take a minute to answer the following questions, and we’ll generate a personalized Ross University Vet School admissions report about the strength of your candidacy.
Ross Vet student profile
Ross Vet applicants generally fit the following profile admission to veterinary school:
- 3.29 average enrolled GPA*
- 305 average enrolled GRE*
- Extracurricular activities and accomplishments
*Statistically representative of acceptance data for the January, May, and September 2019 classes
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying to Ross Vet, find out more about our admissions requirements, or attend one of our information events held online and in-person several times throughout the year in the U.S. and Canada. Learn about the DVM application process on our How to Apply page.
APPLICATION QUICK FACTS
- You can apply using our simple online Ross application or submit your VMCAS application
- Applications are accepted throughout the year for all upcoming semesters
- Start veterinary school when you’re ready: Ross Vet has three start dates per year in January, May, or September
Start at Ross Vet in January and you may complete your DVM at the same time as starting the prior September at a U.S. school.**
Starting in May allows you to finish an entire year earlier than waiting and starting the following September at a U.S. School.**
Start in our fall session and you may finish 4 months sooner than other AVMA-accredited schools in the U.S.**
**Students must successfully pass all courses prescribed in the Ross preclinical and clinical curriculum without failing or repeating any courses, and pass the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination (NAVLE) to complete their degree within this time frame. Comparison to U.S. School is based on a traditional 4-year curriculum. For more information visit: http://veterinary.rossu.edu/student-consumer-information
Contact Ross Vet school admissions at [email protected] or call 732-509-3042. We will be glad to help in any way we can.
Ross Vet Student speaks to our program strengthening character traits