Certificate in One Health
Enhance your career with in-depth expertise for solving real-world problems facing human health, animal health, and the environment with Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine’s Certificate in One Health.
As an alternative to RUSVM’s MSc in One Health degree program, the Certificate in One Health equips students with an interdisciplinary understanding of the principles of, and issues associated with, One Health. Through this 15-credit online program, you will explore the global complex interplay of altered environments and infectious diseases as an increasing threat to public health, animal health, and the environment.
BENEFITS OF THE CERTIFICATE IN ONE HEALTH
- Convenient 100% online coursework with no mandatory login times
- Flexible curriculum lets you take courses gradually for up to 3 years of study
- Earned credits can later be applied towards the MSc in One Health degree program
- AAVSB’s RACE®-approved courses for continuing education (CE) in veterinary medicine
- Interdisciplinary coursework with diverse student backgrounds
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM This program?
Professionals who want to enhance their careers with working knowledge relevant to the broad field of One Health. The One Health graduate certificate is well-suited for those working in public health, veterinary medicine, human medicine, environmental/conservation health, biomedical sciences and research, and educators.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Using the One Health approach in a variety of professional settings
- Interventions that can prevent zoonotic disease spread and improve animal, human, and environmental health
- One Health advocacy in public health, policy, and law
- Research and diagnostic methods
- The interaction of conservation medicine/ecosystem health with human and animal health
- Food safety within a One Health context
- Disaster preparedness methods
- The role of culture and socioeconomic factors in the spread of zoonotic diseases
- Disease investigation and outbreak management
The One Health teaching approach focuses on integration of diverse student backgrounds and skill sets. You will be encouraged to draw from your individual specializations to complete course assignments, discussions and projects. Student-led discussions integrate culture, ethics, gender, and socio-economic factors in relation to One Health. You also will be provided the opportunity to sharpen your leadership, teamwork, and communication skills through group projects.
Upon successful completion of the One Health certificate, you will have gained knowledge in the disciplines relevant to One Health, as well as skills in scientific assessment, communication, organization, and scientific writing. Students who complete the program will be confident leaders and advocates of One Health and will demonstrate the ability to effectively address issues within human, animal, and environmental health in their respective fields.
MSc One Health and Certificate in One Health program availability varies by location.