Ronan Chapuis, DEDV, MSc, DACVIM-LA
Ronan Chapuis is a large animal internist, certified as a Diplomate of American College of Internal Medicine (Large Animal Internal Medicine), and completed a Master of Sciences in Large Animal Medicine.
Originally from Saint-Malo (France), he studied biological engineering in Limoges (France), specializing in food and biological industries and graduating in 2007. He completed a year of preparatory school and passed the national entry exam for veterinary medicine. He studied veterinary medicine in Nantes (France) and graduated in 2014. He completed a rotating internship in equine medicine in Nantes in 2013-2014. He then worked in mixed animal practice in Kourou (French Guiana, South America) in 2014-2015.
From 2015 to 2019, he completed a residency in large animal internal medicine at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon (Canada). He also completed a project based Master of Sciences degree for which he performed a study on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of doxycycline in a Streptococcus equi subsp. zooepidemicus infection model in horses.
- DEDV - Nantes-Atlantic National College of Veterinary Medicine, Food Science and Engineering, France
- MSc – Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada.
- Diplomate of American Veterinary College of Internal Medicine (Large Animal)
- Member of American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Essential Skills in Medical Education (ESME) Certificate, delivered by the Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), 2020
- Peer Reviewer Certification, Publons Academy, 2021
Large Animal Medicine
- Chapuis, R.J.J.; Smith, J.S.; French, H.M.; Toka, F.N.; Peterson, E.W.; Little, E.L. Nonlinear Mixed-Effect Pharmacokinetic Modeling and Distribution of Doxycycline in Healthy Female Donkeys after Multiple Intragastric Dosing–Preliminary Investigation. Animals 2021, 11, 2047. https://www.mdpi.com/2076-2615/11/7/2047
- Chapuis, R. J., Smith, J. S., Uehlinger, F. D., Meachem, M., Johnson, R., & Dowling, P. M. (2021). Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of doxycycline in a Streptococcus eq ui subsp. zooepidemicus infection model in horses. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2021;00:1–10. https://doi.org/10.1111/jvp.12982
- Chapuis, R.J., Ragno, V.M., Ariza, C.A., Movasseghi, A.R., Sayi, S., Uehlinger, F.D. and Montgomery, J.B., 2020. Septic fibrinous pericarditis in 4 horses in Saskatchewan following an outbreak of forest tent caterpillars in 2017. The Canadian Veterinary Journal= La Revue Veterinaire Canadienne, 61(7), pp.724-730
- Chapuis, R.J., Cesbron, N., Guintard, C. and Fusellier, M., Ultrasonographic Examination of The Forelimb Joint Regions in Normal 1-To 2-Month-Old Holstein Calves. 2020 - 1(4) OAJBS.ID.000137
- Robert, M.P., Chapuis, R.J., de Fourmestraux, C. and Geffroy, O.J., 2017. Complications and risk factors of castration with primary wound closure: retrospective study in 159 horses. The Canadian Veterinary Journal, 58(5), p.466.
- Marques, F.J., Higgins, S., Chapuis, R., Waldner, C.L., 2017. The Effect of Inadequate Presample Blood Volume Withdrawal from Intravenous Catheter and Extension Sets on Measured Circulating L-Blood Lactate Concentration in Horses Receiving Lactated Ringer's Solution. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 31; 51-54.
- Poster: E-42: Pharmacodynamics of Doxycycline in a Streptococcus equi Subsp. zooepidemicus Infection Model in Horses, Ronan J.J Chapuis, Fabienne D. Uehlinger, Melissa Meachem, Patricia M. Dowling, ACVIM Forum 2018, Seattle, https://doi.org/10.1111/jvim.15319