On offer are:
Toxic plant identification Masterclass
Join the legendary Dr. Shokry for an afternoon of toxic plant poisoning clinical cases, live plant identification and a tour of the Toxic Plant Garden. After completing this masterclass, you will be able to:
- Classify toxic plants based on the toxic principles
- Identify the most common toxic plants to animals
- Discuss the mechanism of action of toxic plants
- Know clinical signs of poisoning
- Diagnose animals poisoned with toxic plants
- Treat animals poisoned with toxic plants
Saturday 2nd November, 2.00PM-4.30PM (option 1) and Sunday 3rd November, 2.00PM-4.30PM (option 2).
Radiographic interpretation Masterclass
Back by popular demand, board-certified radiologist Dr. Bob Cole of Auburn University will carry an advanced
review of x-ray interpretation. Dr. Cole will lead small groups of participants through clincal case studies involving
digital images. A special focus of the abdomen will be included. Come prepared with your differential diagnosis
Tuesday 5th November, 2.00PM-4.30PM
Registration is through the main conference registration.
Transportation and refreshments included. Limited availability.