3005 Highland Parkway
owners Grove, IL , 60515 USA
If you are a member of the media, you can find out more about the 2019 West Indies Veterinary Conference here.
The West Indies Vet Conference is a 4-day CE program hosted by Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine featuring 63 hours of continuing education, including lectures, two wet labs and two masterclasses. In 2019, small animal medicine and surgery, wildlife medicine, equine medicine and surgery, vaccinations and immunology and veterinary business management. The two wet labs are focused on small animal dentistry and orthopedic surgery. One masterclass will focus on toxic plant identification, and the other on radiographic interpretation.
The program is open to veterinary professionals from all specialties, RUSVM alumni, and veterinary technicians. In the past, the conference has hosted hundreds of attendees from all over the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and St. Kitts.
The conference is expected to gather over 300 veterinary professionals, includes 19 expert speakers and is supported by over 15 sponsors. Learn about our WIVC 2019 Speakers, including keynote speaker Stuart W.J. Reid, CBS, BVMS, PhD, DVM (HONS), DipECVPH, FRSB, FRSE, MRCVS and Principal of the Royal Veterinary College.
This conference program is approved by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards’ Registry of Approved Continuing Education (AASVB RACE) and the conference is approved as a NY State sponsor of continuing education for veterinarians and veterinary technicians.
The conference was historically an opportunity for RUSVM’s alumni to come back to their “island home” and it has grown in size and scope to welcome veterinary professionals from several countries. WIVC2018 also marks the 35th anniversary of RUSVM in the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis.
Program at a Glance
- Saturday, November 2 and Sunday, November 3: Toxic Plant Identification Masterclass (RUSVM Campus)
- Sunday, November 3: Small Animal and Large Animal Tracks (Marriott Conference Area)
- Sunday, November 3: Small Animal Dentistry Wet Lab and Orthopedic Surgery Wetlab (RUSVM Campus)
- Monday, November 4: Small Animal and Large Animal Tracks, Practice Management and Clinical Case Forum (Marriott Conference Area)
- Tuesday, November 5: Keynote by Dr. Stuart Reid, Principal of the Royal Veterinary College (Marriott Conference Area)
- Tuesday, November 5: Small Animal and Large Animal Tracks (Marriott Conference Area) and Radiographic Interpretation Masterclass (RUSVM Campus)
- Wednesday, November 6: Small Animal and Business Management Tracks (Marriott Conference Area)
- Thursday, November 8: Networking day
The conference lectures will be held in the Ballroom and Saba Room of the St. Kitts Marriott Resort. Follow the signs from the hotel lobby.
The conference also provides an opportunity to explore the rich culture of St. Kitts and its sister island, Nevis.