Sign up to receive more information about our DVM degree program in your inbox.
Bookstore & Supplies
Ross Vet offers items you will need for your studies including texts or required school materials through the Ross Vet online bookstore.
Students can access the Ross Vet online bookstore using your student ID. Ross Vet does not have a physical bookstore on campus, but you will not need to purchase hard copy texts, as students will receive a required E-book package.
Other basic study supplies like pens, notepads, index cards and paper are available on campus at The Wedge convenience store located at the Campus Living Residences. Study supplies can also be purchased in Basseterre at Harper's Office Depot, and TDC Business Center.
Some helpful hints as you place your online order through the Ross Vet online bookstore:
- Please be sure to place your order one month prior to the semester start to ensure timely delivery of your order. You can order past the deadline, but please keep in mind that doing so may delay delivery.
- Ross Vet will be using e-books for semesters 1-7. You do not need to purchase hard copy texts. E-books will be provided to you as an E-Book package* with the exception of one book in Semester 3, which can be purchased on the online bookstore.
- You can choose to send your items to your US address or straight to the St. Kitts campus. Staff will have your boxes of items for pick-up on campus.
- Students should review the booklist and the online bookstore items carefully as to avoid having duplicate items. Often, kits provide multiple items that may be used across various semesters. Sometimes, the individual items are listed again as replacements in case you need another instrument (i.e., you may see a stethoscope listed in multiple semesters, but you only need to purchase it one time). Make sure to decline the items you do not need.
- *Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine uses electronic books (e-books) for all of their semesters in basic sciences. Students are charged for the cost of their e-books within the semester tuition. RUSVM has developed relationships with the publishers and often receives the ebooks at a discounted cost and is thus able to pass savings onto students.
- Students are given the ability to opt-out of the ebooks by logging onto the myRoss website and completing the Opt-Out form. Students who opt-out will need to independently purchase the complete list of all required books. Students will only be able to opt-out during a 2 week period, the week prior to the start of classes and during the first week of classes. After the Opt-Out form is received by the Office of Student Accounts, it will be reviewed and a credit will be issued to the student’s account. The credit will be the total cost of the books offered in the time period the student has decided to opt-out in one sum.
- Please note to students that decide to purchase their books from other providers; not all vendors offer all the required books as new, used, for rent or electronic; thus students may have to purchase books from several vendors. The cost of the books often exceeds the cost of the Ross Vet ebook option. Students will be required to pay sales tax, value-added tax (VAT tax) and international shipping charges. The cost of the taxes and shipping alone can exceed the total cost of the books. Books may need to be shipped by the student and personally cleared by customs, as these options on vendor sites may not be available ship to the Caribbean islands (i.e. Amazon).
- Books are required and essential for learning the material needed for basic sciences. A faculty member may request to review that a student has purchased all required materials.
Supplies & Book Lists
Apparel and Ross Vet branded items can be ordered through our online student store where you’ll find a variety of school-spirited items for your every day life, as well as gifts, including:
- T-shirts, polos & hooded sweatshirts
- Baseball caps & pennants
- Bistro mugs & metal water bottles
- Backpacks & notebooks
Summer Semester Ends
Fall Semester Starts
Fall Semester Ends